Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking began their Nike Spring camps in CA on March 4th, 2012. Long Snappers came out from the West Coast to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 75 Long Snappers sent to college last year alone and this year already passing the 50 mark! Rubio Long Snapping already even has a junior Long Snapper with a full scholarship offer!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Fall Camp in CA was Cole Mazza (2013, CA). Mazza is the top ranked Long Snapper in the country and was absolutely dominant all day. He averages in the .6s for a 15 yard snap, rarely snaps the ball in the .7s and has been known to dip into the .5s! He is accurate, moves well and has a killer instinct with his snapping. Easily the best Long Snapper in the country and that was proven by UCLA offering him a full scholarship the day after the camp.
Along with Mazza, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
· Sodie Orr (2012, CA) was smooth as ever and on target all day. Cal Poly SLO got a great one in Sodie.
· Ryan DiSalvo (2012, CA) has bulked up and snapping very hard. Extremely quick ball. San Jose St. stole this Long Snapper from other schools.
· Duke Moran (2012, CA) is a CAL commit that looked exceptional all day. Great form and athletic make him a good one for years to come.
· Reed Buce (2013, AZ) is becoming a phenom for his class. Big, strong and snaps a great ball. Keep an eye on this one.
· Mike Lizanich (2013, AZ) is a very physically strong snapper with quick hands that is extremely accurate.
· Chase Dominguez (2013, CA) is as long an athlete as you will find. Has excellent form and will be dominant with more weight.
· Brian Hittner (JC, CA) has really improved lately and is looking to create quite a name for himself this next year.
· Anthony Roel (JC, CA) did well all day with his great form and very quick snap. One to watch.
· Erik Thompson (2013, CA) has terrific form and pop. Snaps the ball hard and blocks well.
· Christian Samarzich (2014, CA) looked outstanding as he continues to gain size and have great form.
Tyler Moore (2014, CA) continues to improve and is looking to be a major player
for the class of 2014.
Other notables: Mitchell Cannon, Ian McClure, Shawn Murphy, Elijah Richardson, Ryan Simmons, AJ Carty, Blake Word and Niko Walsh
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will have stops this spring in TX, IL, NC and GA with all camps leading right into the 10th Annual National Kicking and Snapping Spring Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on May 12-13, 2012. This Event is open to ALL levels of Long Snappers.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @TheChrisRubio.